The Clark Farm, “Bonnie View Farm,” was settled in 1853 and patented in 1869. It has been in the Clark family all of these years and is the oldest continuously operated family farm in Washington State. The original farm included approximately 220 acres, plus the Cline Spit; today 115 acres of farm land remain and are currently used for hay and cattle.
The History of Clark's Chambers
MOVING A HOUSE A FEW MILES
The farmhouse itself has an interesting history. During World War II when Elliot and Ethel Clark wanted to build a new home, they were told their only option was to remodel. They and their two sons, Bob and Bud, dug a basement using a horse and fresno, and moved the two story portion of a farmhouse (built in the 1870’s) from Uncle Bill Ward’s farm which was on the south end of Ward Road, past what is now the Olympic Game Farm, and up the hill, then west on Lotzgesell Road and north on Clark Road where it was set on the newly poured basement.
TWO SISTERS WITH A DREAM
Turning the Clark farmhouse into a Bed and Breakfast Inn was a longtime dream of Glenda Clark and her sister Bernita Chambers, thus the name “Clark’s Chambers”. Complete restoration of the farmhouse, addition of the covered porch and gazebo as well as construction of the Clark’s new private residence began in 1998; work was completed in early spring 2000. Though Bernita passed away before our renovation work began, we honor her memory and celebrate the fulfillment of our dream as we welcome each new visitor.